Thursday, July 4, 2024

An Ode to Doctors



10:58

I died on 10th Aug 2023.
tho' not declared so.
The docs were lost In thought
... wary and uncertain.

I see my family in tears...
in shocked disbelief.
I didn't feel any struggle
but smelt deep Intensive care.

Clutched and choked by
an invasive ventilator,
I was gasping wide-eyed at
weird images, hallucinating.

My tongue clipped,
my hands tied... to prevent
pulling away the BIPAP now,
I soon sink into oblivion.

Few hours later I hear
the doc call my name aloud.
I open my eyes
And feel I'm alive again. RAMAN 2.0?

Am soon out of the ventilator
tongue and arms freed now
I see the docs around
I mumble words that stumble...

The docs say I'm out of danger
will soon be out of the ICU;
and true to word, was in my ward
with my family, to convalesce.

Another week into
traumatic intensive-care spasms...
I survive more assaults to soon
be back in my ward and home again.

When I was first born
my family then, rejoiced;
and now when reborn
I sure know whom to thank...

Thank you Doctors. Saviors. Avtars.

A cartload of thanks to all of you who matter and mean a lot... all the way.

Happy Doctors' Day !!!

No comments: